Summer Reading and Assignments: 2018
Summer Plans? R-E-A-D, Bulldogs, R-E-A-D!
Get started on those summer assignments, Bulldogs! Summer reading is required for all Judge Memorial Catholic High School students, including members of the incoming ninth grade class. A student's critical reading skills are fundamental to academic success and essential to continued success in college. Reading builds a student's vocabulary and comprehension skills, enhances communication skills, and improves writing abilities. Parents are encouraged to enjoy this summer reading along with their students.
You may order the summer reading books through MBS Direct by clicking the link below.
All summer reading should be completed by August 13, 2018.
The 2018 required Summer Reading List for Judge Memorial Catholic High School students may be updated as necessary. Check back for updates and additions.
English 12 Required Reading (1406 & 1407)
- Aftershock, by Robert Reich, ISBN: 978-0345807229
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King, ISBN: 978-1439156810
English 11 Required Reading (1303 & 1304)
- Into the Wild, by Jon Krakauer, ISBN: 385486804
- The Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls, ISBN: 978-0-7432-4754-2
English 10 & English 10 Honors Required Reading (1205 & 1204)
- The Old Man Who Read Love Stories, by Luis Sepulveda, ISBN: 978-0156002721
- Life of Pi, by Yan Martel, ISBN: 978-0-15-602732-8
- Frankenstein: or the Modern Prometheus, by Mary Shelley / Maurice Hindel,
- American Born Chinese, by Gene Luen Yang, ISBN: 978-0-312-38448-7
English 9 & English 9 Honors Required Reading (1105 & 1106)
- I Am Malala, by Malala Yousafzai, ISBN: 978-0316322409
- My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry, by Fredrik Backman, ISBN: 978-1-5011-1507-3
- The Namesake, by Jhumpa Lahiri, ISBN: 978-0002259019
AP Calculus AB Required Assignment (3404)
Students enrolled in AP Calculus AB are to view the summer assignment HERE or in the file attachments below.
Summer Trig Review Assignment: The assignment is to read all the material, study the examples, then complete the assignment. Please work the problems on notebook paper. Assignment is due the second day of class.
There will be a unit circle memorization quiz the second day of class. Memorize it! View this simple hand trick to help memorize the unit circle. www.youtube.com/watch?v=
The assignment is to read all the material, study the examples, then complete the assignment. Please work the problems on notebook paper. Assignment is due the second day of class.
Chemistry and AP Chemistry Required Assignment (4212 & 4310)
AP European History Required Assignment (2202)
For summer reading, read ONE book from the list below and take two or more pages of notes on items of interest. You will take an open-notes quiz on the book during the first week of school. If you do not do the summer reading (ONE BOOK), you could potentially be dropped from the course. You can buy your selected book through MBS Direct, or you can get it from a library. Assuming you read the book, you need only your NOTES from your reading to do well on the quiz.
SUMMER READING CHOICES (choose one, any edition, take at least two pages of notes)
Honors Physics Required Assignment (4331)
Spanish III Honors Required Assignment (5309)
*For incoming Sophomores and Juniors who completed Spanish I and skipped Spanish II to enroll in Spanish III Honors
Judge Memorial Catholic High School, save more on your books--order today!
|Your School's Official Bookstore|