Shadow Day 2020
A Socially Distanced Shadow Day for 2020!
This fall has been a challenge for all of us, but we know that one of the most important ways your student can get a feel for high school is to experience it live. With that in mind, Judge Memorial is excited to provide an in-person Shadow Day experience for interested eighth graders. We hope you will join us!
Shadow Day: Monday, December 21
Note: Our in-person shadow day is contingent upon current city and state COVID restrictions.
Details for 2020 In-Person Shadow Days
- Unlike previous years, we are unable to provide students the chance to select a specific day to shadow and be in regular-length classes with all of our high school students
- Shadow Day 2020 is ONLY for current eighth grade students, and students will be randomly placed into small groups
- December 9 is a distance learning days for our high school students, which will allow participants to spread out on campus for lowest possible exposure
- Shadows will be in small groups with other eighth graders (no more than 15) and will be chaperoned by Judge Student Ambassadors - for a total of no more than 19 people in any small group
- Classes will be led by Judge faculty
- Masks are REQUIRED to stay on at all times, and classroom spaces will be sanitized between each class period
- Lunch will not be served
- Students must be picked up by 12:30pm
- Requests for students to be in certain groups or assigned to certain Judge students cannot be accommodated
TENTATIVE SHADOW DAY SCHEDULE
|8:30-9:00am||Welcome from Administration|
|9:00-9:30am||Period 1 - Small Group Meeting & Theology|
|9:30-10:00am||Period 2 - English|
|10:00-10:30am||Period 3 - Social Studies|
|10:30-11:00am||Period 4 - Science|
|11:00:11:30am||Period 5 - Fine Arts|
|11:30-12:00pm||Period 6 - Physical Education|
Note: Because students will be in assigned small groups, they will rotate through periods in a various order to always be with the same people