Judge Memorial Retreat Program
The Judge Memorial Retreat Program is part of the Ministry curriculum and falls under the umbrella of the Theology/Campus Ministry Program. It is the responsibility of Campus Ministry to organize and facilitate at least one retreat per grade level each year at Judge. We believe in taking time to stop and reflect, therefore, participation in these class retreats is required by all students regardless of their faith tradition and every effort is made to make these retreats inclusive of all. Our retreats are full of a variety of activities including prayer, song, games, small group and large group discussions, reading, journaling, and silent reflection time. Retreats have a specific theme for each grade level.
Judge also offers an opportunity for interested Junior and Senior students to attend a Kairos Retreat that is designed to explore issues surrounding lIfe's meaning, purpose, and direction. The word Kairos is a Greek word meaning "time", specifically in this case “God’s Time”. This retreat weekend allows students to step out of their normal routines, encourages self-reflection, meaningful interactions and fosters a greater awareness and appreciation for their surrounding community and God’s presence. Kairos challenges students to approach life with an enhanced commitment to love, integrity and faith and to approach each day with an openness to recognize the presence of “God in all things.” Kairos retreats are optional and offered three times a year. Kairos Retreat Program for the 2018-19 school year are:
- October 25-28, 2018 (for seniors)
- January 10-13, 2019 (for juniors and seniors)
- April 4-7, 2019 (for juniors)
Junior and Senior students who are interested in attending must submit an application and the necessary registration materials. The printable forms may be found in the attachments below.
Steps for Registering for the January Kairos Retreat:
1. Complete the following registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/QZmlrxvLeRqEm5eV2
2. Complete the following two forms, and either hand in the hard copy to the Campus Ministry office or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Release Form with Transportation:
Camp K Waiver and Release Form:
3. Submit payment to Ms. Poppe or Ms. Coffey in the Campus Ministry office. The cost of the retreat is $150, and checks can be made to “Judge Memorial Catholic High School.” If payment is an issue, please speak to Ms. Poppe or Ms. Coffey.
4. At least one parent or guardian must sign up to attend a parent meeting. There are two options:
1. Tuesday, November 27th at 6 p.m. in the JMCHS Chapel
2. Wednesday, November 28th at 6 p.m. in the JMCHS Chapel
Attending one of these meetings is mandatory in order for a student to attend the retreat. RSVP to a meeting to Ms. Poppe at email@example.com.
Thank you so much, and we look forward to having you attend our Kairos Retreat!