Placement Exam for Incoming Freshman
Placement Exam for Incoming 9th Graders
The Judge Memorial placement exam is not an admission test, but informs our school counselors of the student’s academic progress. Students have an opportunity to take the Placement Exam on:
Tuesday, February 20 at 3:30 p.m.
The cost of the exam is $25 (check or cash only) due at the day of the exam.
On the day of the exam:
- Students should arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled testing time.
- Students will report to the auditorium (West of Main Bldg.) 11th East entrance, south side of main building, between Judge Memorial Catholic High School and Our Lady of Lourdes Parish.
- The Placement Exam will last approximately one hour and 15 minutes. Students will then receive a 15-minute break.
- Those students wishing to be considered for enrollment in a honors level Spanish language class, will sit for an exam for an additional hour (approx.).
Students will need to bring the following:
- Calculator Only (cannot be a cell phone)
- #2 pencil, and some extra pencils
- $25 exam fee payable on day of the exam. Exact cash amount or check payable to Judge Memorial Catholic High School.
- Please have *check or cash in an envelope with your student's name on the outside of the envelope. This fee will be collected from your student before testing begins. *Credit/Debit cards will not be accepted. We thank you for planning accordingly.
Accuplacer Assessment Test
The results of the Judge Memorial Placement Exam is part of the criteria used by school counselors to place students in courses that meet appropriate skill levels including Honors and AP courses. All incoming students take the Accuplacer Mathematics Assessment Test in late March to determine math placement. (Incoming ninth grade students will sit for both the comprehensive incoming Placement Exam and the Accuplacer test.) Students accepted for admission will be notified of their pre-assigned Accuplacer Assessment date in the acceptance letter. Please click here for more information on the Accuplacer Math test.
School Tours/Shadowing and Admissions
Mr. Tim Gardner, Director of Admissions
Application Questions and General Information
Ms. Rita Scholl, Applications