Judge Memorial provides placement assessments for incoming freshmen in math, science, English writing, and Spanish language (optional). Based on our admissions timeline, placement takes place after a student has been accepted. Placement has no bearing on a student's admission to Judge Memorial. Our assessments, designed specifically by Judge faculty, are one way - in addition to teacher and family input - that we can best place students into appropriate freshman courses.
With this in mind, Judge Memorial does not provide any study guides or advise that students do supplemental preparation for placement. We recommend that students and families focus on their eighth grade studies and come to placement prepared to do their best!
- Saturday, February 20: Priority Placement, 9:00am-12:00pm (only for students accepted by February 1)
- Students unable to test on this date will have a make-up option on Wednesday, February 24 from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Friday, March 19: Placement, 3:30-6:00pm (for students accepted after February 1)
- Students unable to test on this date will have a make-up option on Wednesday, March 24 from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Friday, May 14: Optional Math Re-Placement, 3:30pm (for students originally recommended for Algebra 1A, Algebra 1, or Geometry)
Placement Details (subject to change)
- Math, 60 minutes: 50 questions, scantron, no calculator
- Science, 30 minutes: 30 questions, scantron, calculator allowed
- English writing, 30 minutes: Essay prompt provided on testing day
- Spanish language (optional), 40 minutes: written/verbal exam
Students who receive testing accommodations at their current school are eligible for the same accommodations when testing at Judge. Please call us at 801.517.2157 to further discuss and confirm details.