JPA Volunteer Hours
Judge Parent Association (JPA)All parents/guardians with students enrolled at Judge Memorial are automatically members of the Judge Parent Association (JPA).
Mission of JPA: To direct and coordinate parental support of Judge Memorial and our students through assistance at activities, athletics, social functions, and fundraisers; and to promote open communication, goodwill, and cooperation among parents, teachers, staff, and administration.
JPA Hours and Agreement
Each Judge Memorial family is expected to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours of service to the school, or donate $100 in lieu of service. The volunteer hours that you and your family provide Judge Memorial help establish community involvement for the benefit of fund raising, assisting team coaches, group moderators, class coordinators, and a myriad of other ways. Judge Memorial also uses these hours for grant writing and accreditation purposes. JPA Coordinator: Susan Lollini in the Advancement Office, email@example.com.
Submitting Your JPA Volunteer Hours: Parents/guardians are asked to track and report all service hours using our online volunteer tracker below. Each Judge Memorial family can choose one of the following ways in which to fulfill their parental service requirement:
- 15 hours of service for this school year
- Pay $100 in lieu of service.
All Parent Volunteer Hours must be submitted or payment in lieu of service
must be received by Friday, May 20, 2022
must be received by Friday, May 20, 2022
JPA Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer opportunities are numerous throughout the year. Listed below are volunteer opportunities for parents and families, along with the appropriate contact information. There are many ways to volunteer at Judge Memorial. We encourage you to check back often and to hit refresh/reload on your browser to read the latest listings. Thank you for your assistance, Bulldogs! You really are lifesavers!
Diocesan Safe Environment Training and Compliance Process
All parent volunteers who will have contact with students are required to complete the Safe Environment Training and background check through Catholic Mutual Group (CMG) 5-7 days in advance of the event. Please complete the compliance process here. Judge Memorial's Safe Environment Coordinator is Mrs. Carol Smith, in the Administration Office, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for helping to keep our students safe.
ONGOING or FUTURE NEED:
- Substitute Teachers: There may be days when our educators are unable to come in to teach their classes and substitute teachers are needed to fill in. No experience is necessary but a willingness to supervise students. All volunteers must be Safe Environment compliance. If interested, please contact Kari Johnson, email@example.com
- Sporting Events: Parent volunteers are always needed for various sports throughout the year. Contact Eric Wood firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bulldog Parent Ambassadors - click here for more info or contact John Michael Pantlik at email@example.com
- Non-Profit Assembly and Fair, August 17 - Contact Celina Poppe firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field Trip Chaperones
- PE Department: Hike, disc golf, pickleball and other watching & playing opportunities. Contact Natalie Smith email@example.com
- Ultimate Frisbee Team Manager, 21-22 school year - Need help with administrative duties and outreach. Approximately 10 hours per semester and can be done on your own from home. Contact Natalie Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freshman Retreat, September 23 & 24 - Contact Celina Poppe email@example.com
- Judge Gala: This year's Gala is scheduled for February 5 but the details have not been confirmed. We are definitely planning on having a completely online auction, and will need help in the following ways:
- Auction Donation Request Follow-up: Starting in October, we will need help following up on auction donation requests that have already been sent out (can be done remotely via email and phone).
- Auction Donation Pick-up: October through January, we will need help picking up auction donations.
- Auction Package Preparation: In January, we will need help preparing auction packages for online bidding (limited help possible due to small work area).
Contact Shelly Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christ the King Service Day, Thursday, October 21, 2021, 8:00 am - 1:00 pm. Each class will need one chaperone in addition to the teacher. Contact Mrs. Poppe to volunteer, email@example.com
- Sophomore Retreat, November 4 & 5 - Contact Celina Poppe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanksgiving Food Drive, November 19 - Contact Celina Poppe, email@example.com
- Gift of the Drummer Delivery, week of December 13-17 - Contact Celina Poppe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catholic Schools Week After School Service Projects, week of February 28- March 4 - Contact Celina Poppe, email@example.com
Junior Retreat, February 24 & 25 - Contact Celina Poppe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Retreat - April 5 - Contact Celina Poppe email@example.com
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation, May 2-6. Will need volunteers to help with Faculty and Staff Appreciation. Contact Susan Lollini at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Testing Volunteers: Spring 2022. Occasionally we hear from parents looking for options for volunteer service during the school day. Our school counseling office may need a number of parent volunteers to serve as test proctors for AP exams. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Sara Strickland, email@example.com
- Baccalaureate Mass, May 19 - Contact Joan Brand firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduation, May 22, Sunday - Contact Joan Brand email@example.com