World Languages - Spanish
- M.A. in Language Pedagogy, University of Utah
- M.B.A., Instituto Tecnologico Autónomo de Mexico
- M.B.A., International Exchange Student, Tulane University
- B.S. in Psychology, University of Sonora, Mexico
Awards and Honors:
- Valedictorian, Instituto Tecnologico Autónomo de Mexico
- Academic Scholarships from Instituto Tecnologico Autónomo de Mexico and University of Utah
Maricruz Fimbres has been a member of Judge Memorial’s World Language department since 2011. She instructs classes in Spanish Honors, AP Spanish, and Spanish for Heritage Speakers.
During an exchange trip to a high school in Pueblo, Colorado, Ms. Fimbres' eyes were opened to a new experience in culture different from her own. "It made me want and pursue to know more about other cultural perspectives and inspired me to learn a second language and eventually move to another country." She hopes her students may some day have a similar experience. “My favorite thing about my job are my students. I learn a lot from them and try to be a positive influence in their lives. I always recommend my students to travel and learn a second language. Having contact with people of different background allows us to identify how similar we are instead of focusing on our differences. Of course, our differences also make it more interesting to know about each other.”
In her free time, Ms. Fimbres enjoys hiking and traveling, as "these two activities nurture my spirit". She also likes sharing her culture and meeting people from different places.