International news surrounding the Coronavirus and recent announcements from the United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC) express expectations that in the next several weeks, we can expect to see more cases of COVID-19 across the state of Utah. We want to make you aware of the proactive efforts we are making at Judge Memorial, in conjunction and with the Salt Lake Diocese and Salt Lake County Health Department, to help prevent the spread of disease and keep our students, faculty and staff healthy.
Based on information we have reviewed and from the directive of the Salt Lake Diocese, Judge Memorial will suspend in-person classes from March 16 through March 31. All spring sports and athletic events have been canceled during this period. We are positioned to be able to deliver curriculum through our online platform and faculty will communicate lesson plans and expectations directly with students. For more detailed information, please see the attached letters from Principal Lambert and the Superintendent.
We recognize the serious nature of this virus and want to stress to our school community the importance of sound hygienic habits.
- Washing your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and warm water (20 seconds at a minimum).
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of your elbow.
- Staying at home if you are feeling sick.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick avoid close contact with others.
- Avoiding sharing food and drinks.
- Practicing healthy habits of getting enough rest, staying hydrated, eating nutritious food, managing stress, and staying physically active.
As a school we have:
- Increased our disinfecting of highly trafficked areas.
- Given additional attention to disinfecting railways, doorknobs, and other areas that come in contact with students.
- Each classroom has Clorox wipes for disinfecting desks and other surfaces.
- Each classroom has tissues.
- Lunch tables continue to be cleaned with bleach.
- Throughout the school, hand sanitizer stations are fully stocked.
- The buses are frequently being disinfected with Clorox wipes.
More information about COVID-19 can be found at:
As a reminder, we also need to follow the advice of health officials to reduce the spread of coronavirus, including practicing good hand hygiene, avoiding close contact with people who are sick, maintaining social distancing at large gatherings, and other precautions. Let us pray for all those affected by the coronavirus; may we continue to treat each other with compassion, mercy, and understanding during this difficult time.