College Planning Checklist for 9-10 Grades
- Have your Individual Planning Portfolio meeting with your school counselor. This plan leads you through your high school years.
- Take the most rigorous academic schedule possible.
- Get involved in the extracurricular activities that reflect your interests.
- Be serious about your grades, attendance, and punctuality, all of which are important factors when applying for college or employment.
- Assemble a file documenting the nature and dates of your achievements and activities in and out of school.
- Take the most rigorous academic schedule possible, this year and when registering for junior year courses in the spring.
- Examine your interests, aptitudes, and activities, and continue to assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- Take the ASPIRE in October during the all-school test day.
- Explore careers that might match your interests and abilities through the PLAN results.
- Meet with your school counselor to update your Individual Planning Portfolio.
- Explore summer opportunities (courses on college campuses, work experiences, volunteer experiences, travel, etc.).