JPA Volunteer Hours & Safe Environment
Judge Parent Association (JPA)
All parents/guardians with students enrolled at Judge Memorial are automatically members of the Judge Parent Association (JPA).
Mission of JPA: To direct and coordinate parental support of Judge Memorial and our students through assistance at activities, athletics, social functions, and fundraisers; and to promote open communication, goodwill, and cooperation among parents, teachers, staff, and administration.
JPA Hours and Agreement
Each Judge Memorial family is expected to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours of service to the school during the school year, or donate $150 in lieu of service. The volunteer hours that you and your family provide Judge Memorial help in establishing community involvement for the benefit of fund raising, assisting team coaches, group moderators, class coordinators, and a myriad of other ways. Judge Memorial also uses these hours for grant writing and accreditation purposes. Judge Memorial JPA Coordinator is Mrs. Susan Lollini in the Advancement Office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 15 hours of service for the school each year
- Pay $150 in lieu of service.
JPA Volunteer Opportunities
- Class Retreats from 8:00 AM - 2:45 PM on the following dates:
- Christ the King Service Day from 8:00 AM - 2:45 PM
- School Testing Volunteers: Occasionally we hear from parents looking for options for volunteer service during the school day. Our school counseling office may need a number of parent volunteers to serve as test proctors for the exams. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Jeff Lutz, email@example.com
- Spirit Shop: The Spirit Shop can always use some volunteers to assist throughout the day. Contact Shannon Garside, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Substitute Teachers: There maybe days when our educators are unable to come in to teach their classes and substitute teachers are needed to fill in. No experience is necessary but a willingness to supervise students. All volunteers must be Safe Environment compliant. If interested, please contact Mr. Barry Bell, email@example.com
- Used Uniforms: Looking for one volunteer per week, during Spirit Shop hours, to come in and tidy, fold, rehang, etc. Contact Shannon Garside, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Used Uniform Cleaning and Mending: Also looking for volunteers willing to launder and/or mend uniforms at home and return them to the used uniform area. Contact Shannon Garside, email@example.com
- Sporting Events: Will need a handful of parents to help out with ticket collection and concession stands before and during the games. Contact Andrew Montoya, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CBN Pre-Game Social Judge-Juan Diego: We need volunteers to help the Catholic Business Network with the pre-game social event leading up to the Judge-Juan Diego Varsity football game Friday, August 24. For more information and sign up please visit the CBN page for the event.
- Judge Gala: Will need volunteers to help with following up on requests for auction donations, plan and sponsor some Judge parties, prepare and set up the live and silent auction, and check-in/out or auction distribution the night of the Gala. Contact Shelly Parker at email@example.com
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation: Will need volunteers to help with Faculty and Staff Appreciation. Contact Susan Lollini at firstname.lastname@example.org