Parking Permit/Car Registration Details: 2016-2017
- Any student planning on driving to school in 2016-2017, whether applying for a parking permit or simply parking in free parking, is required to register their car with the Dean’s Office by completing a parking permit/car registration application form.
- Through an agreement with Salt Lake City, Judge Memorial is able to offer permitted parking in the Douglas neighborhood to students through a student permit program. Permits available through the City and the Douglas neighborhood are limited, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Priority parking will be given to applications received: first by the largest carpools and second by the date completed applications are received. Students may only be listed on one carpool, and must not be applying for their own parking permit. One parking permit per family will be assigned. Applications received by early August will be assigned a permit first, while applications received after that date will be assigned on a first-come, first -served basis (based upon availability or permits).
- Permits will be released in late-August; stay tuned to in-school announcements for details.
As we are an urban campus located in a residential neighborhood, parking is at a premium for residents and school personnel. Students are strongly encouraged to take public transportation to school. Those students who choose to drive to school must register with the Dean’s Office for a student/visitor parking permit. Without this permit, no parking is permitted on most neighborhood streets. Student drivers are expected to follow city parking and traffic ordinances at all times and are subject to consequences from both the school and the city for failure to do so. The city will ticket cars without permits or cars parked illegally, including in all bus zones. With the permit, the student will receive an assigned parking place on a street near the school. Priority is given to students who carpool, and to applications in the order in which they are received. For students who drive only occasionally, there is limited open parking between 700 and 800 South on 1000 East. On other streets, student cars may be ticketed by the city, the school, or both.
There is no on-campus parking for students or parents during school hours. The parking lots to the west and south of our building are reserved for teachers and staff until 3:30 p.m., and should not be used by parents or students before or during school hours. Students and parents may park in the faculty lot after 3:30 p.m. if space is available, but must not park or drive on the playground of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School at any time.
UTA Student Bus, TRAX and FrontRunner passes are available for purchase in the Spirit Shop beginning in mid-August for all Judge Memorial students.
- Maps and schedules for UTA are available at www.rideuta.com.
- The Judge student ID card should be carried when using the UTA pass, as drivers may request proof that the student is a legitimate passholder.
- Lost or stolen passes must be reported to the Dean’s Office immediately; there is a replacement fee to activate a new card.
Prior to completing the application for the current school year, all student driver's are to view the applicable slideshow. Once students have viewed the slideshow, they may move on to the next step and complete the application. For a direct link to the slideshow:
After viewing the slideshow, the 2016-2017 parking application must be reviewed, completed, and submitted by all students who drive a vehicle to school and park within the Douglas Neighborhood. For a direct link to the online form: