Judge Performing Arts presents: Bye Bye Birdie!
Mark your calendars now to attend a performance of the fall musical. This year Judge Memorial Drama presents: Bye Bye Birdie!
Bye Bye Birdie is the story of a rock singer who travels to a small Ohio town to make his "farewell" television performance and kiss his biggest fan before he is drafted. Conrad Birdie is the biggest rock & roll star of the 60's ever to be drafted. Aspiring chemist and song writer Albert is convinced he can make his fortune and marry his girlfriend Rosie if he gets Conrad on the Ed Sullivan show to kiss a high school girl goodbye. Albert's mother will do anything to break him up with Rosie. Kim and Hugo, the high school steadies, live in Sweet Apple, Ohio where most of the action takes place. With upbeat tempo, lots of humor, and a soundtrack that will have you humming along, find out the answer to the question, “Have you heard about Hugo and Kim?”.
- 7 p.m. - Thursday, November 3
- 7 p.m. - Friday, November 4
- 2 p.m. - Sunday, November 6 matinee
- 7 p.m. - Thursday, November 10
- 7 p.m. - Friday, November 11
- 7 p.m. - Saturday, November 12
- Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children under 12, and $5 for senior citizens.
- Tickets are available at the door and may also be ordered ahead of time.
- To purchase tickets by mail, look below in the file attachments for an order form. Print the form, complete, and return by mail to the school address.
- To purchase tickets, or pay for reserved tickets, the evening of the performance, visit the ticket window and pay via cash or check (sorry; no credit cards are accepted).
- Tim Allen
- Gracie Brletic
- Halley Bruno
- Stephen Hemmersmeier
- Charlie Howard
- Quinn Humlicek
- Sarah Longe
- Andrew Maguire
- Connor McCoy
- Kyra McComas
- Megan O’Brien
- Aidan Rees
- Amelia Wright
- And a cast of many characters!
The Songs include
- Telephone Hour
- Put on a Happy Face
- Honestly Sincere
- One Last Kiss
- A Lot of Livin’ To Do
- Darin Hathaway, Director and Set Design
- Ramona Mayer, Music Director
- Jeanette Sawaya, Choreography
- Natosha Washington, Choreography
- Mo Haley and Jeanette Sawaya, Costume Design
- Jesse Betebenner and Michael Utzinger, Stage Managers
Bye Bye Birdie , a musical comedy with book by Michael Stewart, lyrics by Lee Adams, and music by Charles Strouse. Originally titled Let's Go Steady, the production is set in 1958. The story was inspired by popular singer’s Elvis Presley’s draft notice into the Army 1957. The original Broadway production was a Tony Award-winning success. The original production was followed by a London production, several major revivals, a sequel, a 1963 film and a 1995 television production.