Judge Memorial Catholic High School Athletics
- Scott Platz, Director of Athletics
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judge Memorial is a member of the Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA).
- Judge Memorial competes in UHSAA 3A, Region13, except for Judge Football which competes in 3A, North Region. Our student-athletes participate in club sports of hockey and lacrosse with Utah High School Hockey and U.S. Lacrosse-Utah Chapter.
- UHSAA: www.uhsaa.org
- UHSAA 'Raise-the-Bar' Sportsmanship program: http://uhsaa.org/sportsmanship/Raise-the-Bar%Intro.pdf
- "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." ~ Steve Prefontaine
- Philippians 4:13
Judge Memorial Catholic High School has a proud and accomplished athletic tradition, reaching back to the 1920s. Judge offers a full slate of athletic opportunities and competes successfully as a member of the Utah High School Activities Association. Our student-athletes are afforded the opportunity to participate in the club sports of hockey and lacrosse with Utah High School Hockey and U.S. Lacrosse-Utah Chapter.
Judge Memorial recognizes the important role that athletics play in the full development of a young person. Our Bulldog Athletic Program strives to provide well-organized and positive athletic opportunities to the student-athlete. The program is designed as a complement to academics and strives to offer a positive athletic experience and in appreciation for hard work and teamwork to the students of Judge.
Our athletic and physical education programs encourage student-athletes to reach, learn, and grow, while promoting respect, enthusiasm, and fun. Over the years, our Bulldogs have built a proud tradition for being competitive and sportsmanship-focused, and the school’s many trophy cases testify to our success. The lessons learned through athletics cannot be quantified in trophies, awards, All-State honors, or college scholarships. Our student-athletes experience life lessons that will serve them well in the future: teamwork, discipline, commitment, determination, and balance – important assets in living a fuller life.
Athletics is one of the most effective venues for making Christian/Catholic values come alive in a student's life. Judge Memorial's athletic program stresses formative Christian values as primary factors in the growth of the student during high school and the winning of the actual competition as subordinate to these values. Among the goals of an athletic program infused with Christian values are:
- using God-given physical talents and abilities
- concern for physical, emotional, and mental helth
- facing new challenges
- respecting others
- creating community
- learning how to work with others to achieve a goal
- sacrifice of one's interests for the good of the whole team
- development of self-esteem
A full range of club and team sports are offered, including:
- Girls' Cross Country
- Boys' Cross Country
- Boys’ Golf
- Girls’ Soccer
- Girls’ Tennis
- Girls’ Volleyball
- Girls’ Basketball
- Boys’ Basketball
- Boys’ Swimming
- Girls’ Swimming
- Girls’ Golf
- Boys’ Lacrosse
- Girls’ Lacrosse
- Boys’ Soccer
- Boys’ Tennis
- Girls' Track and Field
- Boys' Track and Field