Thank you for your interest in Judge Memorial Catholic High School. Our academics, activities, athletics, campus ministry and Christian Service programs are designed to prepare every student for success, to grow in faith, and to become leaders in the community.
Judge Memorial Catholic High School is pleased to administer the Accuplacer Mathematics Assessment Test to all incoming students for the 2017-2018 school year in March 2017.
Accuplacer is a suite of tests that assesses reading, writing, math, and computer skills. The results of the assessment are part of the criteria used by school counselors to place students in courses that meet appropriate skill levels. All incoming Judge Memorial students will be tested in the mathematics portion only, specifically in arithmetic and elementary algebra. It is important to note that all incoming students must take the Accuplacer test. Incoming ninth grade students will sit for both the comprehensive incoming placement exam and the Accuplacer test.
Students have five opportunities to take the Accuplacer Mathematics test. As there is limited seating on each of these five testing dates, students will be pre-assigned prior to registration. Students will be notified of their assigned date and where to meet in their acceptance letter.
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017: from 3:30-4:30P
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017: from 3:30-4:30P
- Thursday, March 23, 2017: from 3:30-4:30P
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017: from 3:30-4:30P
- Thursday, March 29, 2017: from 3:30-4:30P
- Students should check in 15 minutes prior to the beginning time on their scheduled day.
- Additional information will be distributed once students are registered.
- There is no cost to students for the Accuplacer test.
- Calculators are not permitted during the test.
- Students should bring a few #2 pencils to the testing session.
- All incoming students must take the Accuplacer test, especially if they wish to be placed in a mathematics class higher than Algebra I.
- Incoming ninth grade students, in addition to the Accuplacer assessment, will also need to sign up for the Placement Exam in January
- Those students wishing to review the sample questions for the Accuplacer may visit the website below. The mathematics portion of the sample test is located on pages nine through 14 of the sample: http://media.collegeboard.com/digitalServices/pdf/accuplacer/accuplacer-sample-questions-for-students.pdf